PLANNING YOUR WEDDING
12-18 months before
* Decide upon a wedding date.
* Decide on your budget.
* Decide on the number of guests and make a list.
* Visit the wedding venues and the caterers and book them.
* If you are getting married in church, you will need to agree on the arrangements with your local priest. If you are getting married in a city hall, you will need to inform the city hall office. Either way, book the date you are interested in.
* Book the wedding planner
* Book the musicians or DJ for the wedding reception.
* Book the photographer and videographer.
* Confirm all your bookings in writing.
6 months before
* Book the florist.
* Book the wedding transportation.
* Browse wedding magazines and visit shops with wedding dresses
* Attend initial fitting for the wedding dress.
* Choose the bride’s wedding shoes and accessories.
* Book the honeymoon.
* Choose your wedding rings and order them.
* Arrange to see your hairdresser about what hairstyle you want on your big day. Brides should take along a picture of the wedding dress and veil or headdress or other accessories to help the hairdresser create a hairstyle that will compliment and finish the look.
4 months before
* Order the cake.
* Decide on your flower girls and ring boy bridesmaids and ushers.
* Book your wedding decoration for the church and for the wedding reception (flowers and all the details of the decoration).
* Go to a beauty salon and have a makeover?
* Book a beautician for your wedding day if necessary.
* Advise your guests to book any overnight accommodation now, while there is still availability.
* Confirm your ceremony details with either the city hall or the priest.
2-3 months before
* Choose your wedding invitations and order them.
* Choose your wedding favors and order them.
* Decide upon your wedding gift list and make it available to your wedding guests.
* Decide upon your wedding song.
* Buy gifts for your best man.
* Discuss your seating plan with your caterer. Arrange to have any vaccinations if necessary.
* Start to plan you bachelor party.
* If you have a will get it updated to ensure it remains active after your marriage.
1 month before
* Arrange for a final fitting for your wedding dress.
* Reconfirm arrangements with the reception venue, the caterer, the florist, the photographer, videographer, the entertainment and the honeymoon.
2 weeks before
* Finalize the seating plan with the caterer.
* Call any guests that haven’t replied to your invitation.
* Write the wedding speeches.
1 week before
* Have the wedding rehearsal.
* Pack for your honeymoon.
* Wear in your wedding shoes. It will give brides that are not used to walking in high heels a chance to practice.
* Organize with a close friend to have an emergency wedding kit, just for the bride, containing make up and a repair kit for the wedding dress, so you can be ready for mini hiccups through out the day.
* Give the rings to the ‘best man’
The day before
* Have the day off
* Brides and grooms get a manicure.
* Grooms, go and have your hair tidied up around the back, sides and consider a proper shave at the barber’s shop.
* Spend the rest of the day relaxing.
* Try and get an early night.